Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hi Kevin, I also check in everyday and love the food photography and the variety of creative foods t


This last weekend was Thanksgiving here in Canada and it was a busy weekend. I had been looking forward to a traditional chief keef kaykay type of holiday dinner with the roasted turkey, the cranberry sauce, the green bean casserole, the sweet potato casserole, chief keef kaykay etc. I wanted to have the turkey dinner but as I am cooking for one I did not want to cook a full turkey so I decided to go with just a turkey breast (still on the bone with the skin). Roasting a turkey breast chief keef kaykay is relatively easy; I just rubbed it with some olive oil and pushed some sage up under the skin. I had a two pound turkey breast so I only needed to roast it for about an hour and a half until it reached the desired temperature of 160F internally. One of the good things about this dinner was that I could prepare the casseroles while the turkey was roasting and just slip them into the oven as needed so that they would be done at the same time as the turkey. The turkey breast turned out really well! The skin was nice and crispy and golden brown and the meat was moist and tender and good. All in all it was a great holiday dinner! I will be writing more about the rest of the dinner over the coming week. I hope that every one had a great Thanksgiving as well! The rest of this dinner: Pumpkin Casserole Broccoli Casserole Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir Similar Recipes: Oven Roasted Turkey Drumsticks and Vegetables Parmesan and Sage Roasted Turkey Breast Maple and Chipotle Roasted Turkey Breast Update: Of course my favorite part of the holiday turkey dinner is the Turkey Sandwich made with the leftover turkey and cranberry sauce. chief keef kaykay Other things to do with leftover turkey: Turkey White Chili Turkey Stock Turkey Congee (Rice Porridge) Turkey chief keef kaykay Ramen
Hi I just wanted to say that I love reading your blog and check in every day. I just made Cashew Nut Curry and it was delicious. I also think the photographs you take are awesome. Happy Thanksgiving! Rowena October 14, 2008 at 7:50 AM
Hi Kevin, I also check in everyday and love the food photography and the variety of creative foods that you cook. I absolutely loved looking at Greece through your lenses. I watched a show with Giada on the Food Network channel of her visiting Greece and it was just breathtaking. Maybe a trip for us someday. I look forward to your cooking adventures! Amanda October 14, 2008 at 9:32 AM
Hey, Happy Thanksgiving chief keef kaykay Kevin... Your meal make me drool! October 14, 2008 at 10:43 AM
It won't be Thanksgiving until next month here in the states but I am so excited! Your turkey looks really delicious. October 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Kevin! A great meal for your celebration. I like to cook turkey breast on the bone with skin too as believe it or not no one likes leg meat in my house *sigh* Rosie x October 14, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians! chief keef kaykay The turkey meal looks divine! Now I don't know if I can wait until end of Nov. for ours! I usually just buy the bone-in turkey breast for us, too. (Plus my husband would rather have ham, so we have a little of both.) A whole turkey is just too much. It works great! October 14, 2008 at 2:41 PM
I've always wanted to try a proper Thanksgiving Dinner, as we don't celebrate it here in the UK. I'm impressed you did the whole hog for yourself, I think I'd be too lazy, if I wasn't cooking for people. October chief keef kaykay 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Dinner looks great. I should have joined you. That would have been a good time for a vacation...just to eat a great turkey dinner there...and then come back to the states and enjoy it again next month! -DTW www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com October 14, 2008 at 3:58 PM
hi Kevin, Happy Thanksgiving! I just wanted to say thank you for the yummy recipies you're posting day in day out - that's something that makes my day a bit brighter! anne :-) October 14, 2008 at 5:44 PM
we were actually in montreal for the canadian thanksgiving! i didn't realize the traditions are very similar to the american traditions (or, i guess, vice versa?). happy thanksgiving (belated). October 14, 2008 at 9:45 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! My sister-in-law was just regaling me with the menu of their Thanksgiving feast. When I lived closer to Canada I'd have two Thanksgivings, now I'm stuck with all the Yanks! October 14, 2008 at 10:53 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, Kevin! We don't celebrate it in Malaysia (although we should!), but Turkey's a Christmas Day standard here. Your meal looks amazing! And I'm digging the Zucchini bread too. October 15, 2008 at 6:54 AM
it's not yet thanksgiving here in the us, but the sandwich looks amazing! i can't wait for the holiday to arrive here! it is one of my faves. October 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM
Happy belated Thanksgiving Kevin! I'm so glad you posted this. There's no reason anyone should miss a delicious turkey dinner! I hope everyone who is cooking for one follows your lead. October 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM
Gotta love Thanksgiving. It's such a great time when really

No comments:

Post a Comment