Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sur La Table is a nice and pleasant American kitchen store (chain, available in many states), in th


Sur La Table is a nice and pleasant American kitchen store (chain, available in many states), in the style of Williams Sonoma is another similar chain and familiar to American readers. Briefly, the shops selling all sorts of kitchen accessories. For kitchens basic cooking and food enthusiasts, it is a bit of heaven walk around and look here, often expensive and most window basic cooking shopping basic cooking it gets for me. But they also test kitchen adjacent to its retail store and organize cooking classes, a walking classes in which to cook an evening and then eat it. Me and nanny Amanda (who is very matintresserad and is proficient cook than me even though she is decades basic cooking younger) basic cooking had signed us up at night school named Winter Favorites with Le Creuset.
A total of 16 participants to the course and the chef / teacher divided us into four teams. All teams were then given a station where it would be chopped, cut and cooked. My companion, fine Amanda, standing here on the far right.
This particular course was a bit special for all participants received a Le Creuset casserole that was included in the course price. The course lasted for 3 hours. We cooked basic cooking a three course meal, while parts of it went clear in the oven, we took a break and was able to wander around the store (of course something they want and hope that the students will be inspired and shop till you drop a little). Finally, we ate then the food at this table. Disk and away picking was nothing we participant needed to do. It was really luxury that way, just to get to do the fun cook, learn new tricks and then eat it.
Before, I had thought about the level, if I would feel that I was not enough and had enough prior knowledge but the course was really a course and each step was explained thoroughly and there were all levels of the participants. The teacher (in red) began to hold little knife school and demonstrate proper techniques at holding basic cooking the knife and so on. The tools we worked basic cooking with in the course was amazing, I have never worked with soo good and easy knife, even cutting board was fantastic and something basic cooking completely different than the white plastbrädena from Ikea that I normally have at home. She said that you want to invest in a good knife, so go on a so called manager basic cooking knife. It allows you to have everything in principle. On my wish list now has a really good manager knife emerged.
As an appetizer, we made a carrot soup with clear taste of ginger. I thought it was delicious, so creamy (though no cream) and smooth. Some of the ladies thought it was too strong, too much ginger that dominated but personally I thought it was just right.
The main course consisted of a ciderbräserad chicken with bacon and apple. Although this was a true both me and Amanda liked and I will do myself. What I liked about the course was that the teacher basic cooking constantly kept the box and came with a small general tips on how to spice for seasoning most will come into its own, which combinations that fit together well, how to save a custard who cut themselves etc.
Gratin with potatoes, basic cooking root vegetables, spices, cheese and cream were mmmmm so good. We made the gratin in a different way than I usually do gratin. Combo parsnips, sweet potatoes and regular potatoes, I have never made but it was very successful. Then, we also used the mandolin to cut, yielding paper-thin slices. Nothing I use when I do gratin but then I usually have the cutting blade to the food processor and it becomes quite clear thicker slices basic cooking than with a mandolin.
I unfortunately forgot to take picture of the dessert, a chocolate bread pudding basic cooking with vanilla ice cream and cranberry. Just called bread pudding is nothing I at least directly familiar with through Swedish recipe or something I cooked. In the US, breadpudding quite a common dessert. There is nothing that belonged to my favorites before, often right mastigt basic cooking and powerful. But after that we did on the course, I reverse, for this brödpuddingen was absolutely divine. We did a vanilla cream that brödkrutongerna got revel in, then there was lots of chocolate that melted in the oven and a little cranberry who gave a little chewy and acidity to glory. We served them in exactly the right size individual, cute ramekins and then it was just right and definitely something basic cooking I will do again.
In summary, a really fun experience and definitely something I can see myself doing again. basic cooking We peered through their course offerings and there were many interesting themes. I was attracted by it was a one-time thing, not something you need to commit themselves but it's a night and then you are done. Very good it was too. Many good tips and I even bought the home with the same cutting board that we used. A really good manager knife is, as stated on the wish list now too, because now I realized for the first time and got to try on the huge difference a good knife can do.
Another new thing I was introduced to was vaniljapasta (vanilla paste - not the usual liquid but this is a paste), this is the stuff. basic cooking Sooo good and never again will I use regular liquid vanillin

No comments:

Post a Comment