Monday, June 30, 2014

And that he had done when Francois Simon Johannes van Dam of Figaro, wrote that


Assertions and proofs Books / CDs / Videos / Media Activities Books etc Buitenhof Chinese letters Columns Guest Corner HUMAN Raids Last Updated But Mr. Chess Tip of Nel Stories Worldwide Three stars, frog legs and a shotgun Statements and proofs
Eight years ago, I suffered a cerebral hemorrhage. I was in the hospital and home uitgetakeld I noticed that I was paralyzed. Left unit Those worrisome situation lasted a few weeks, but to my delight came my functions somelier then one by one again. I stepped out of my chair, pulled back my license - that was - and started somelier a second life. Injury time is sometimes called.
Not much later, my wife and I, during a vacation that we had been awarded by the Burgundy ourselves. Our two year old son sat in the back in his chair. By lunchtime I looked in the Michelin guide and found that we had a three-star restaurant nearby. somelier And because we felt that we had something to celebrate, stopped for the Côte d'Or of the famous cook Bernard Loiseau.
It was our first time in a three-star restaurant. What we've eaten exactly when, I do not know. In an old notebook is that my wife chartreuse caille fermière somelier taken. Truffée My son, in his antique chaise d'enfant, had a little fish. A piece of turbot, I think, easily somelier digestible. We drank half a loaf of white and red with a half point. The bill was 646 euros, a spicy amount for a simple lunch.
A few months after our visit, we read that Bernard Loiseau had put a shotgun to his mouth and are thus robbed from life. Against a fellow he had said: "If I lose a star, make me kill myself."
And that he had done when Francois Simon Johannes van Dam of Figaro, wrote that "the third star of Loiseau lives in injury time." Later it turned out that Michelin was not going to deprive Loiseau his third star, but maybe that story be devised to perfect the legend.
Since then I have been thinking a lot Loiseau, and its purely romantic act. Loiseau had ripped thousand people. In the worst case, he would have lost his third star. So what? The Johannes van Dams are like the literary critics of this world. If they could write novels themselves that they did not discuss.
Moreover, we speak of "cooking" somelier - this analogy of painting - but is it when cooking just a process that moves in exactly the opposite direction as that of painting. The painting begins with gunk and ends with an equally lofty organized as a result. In contrast, the cooking begins with lofty results, but ends up with gunk. After all, we all shit, which is prepared with so much love and placed on the board, just turn off.
The true art of cooking would have to find that his work will eventually find a shapeless end in the sewer system of the human body. Horrible Although the great writer Montaigne (1533-1592) kept his excrement of the day in a pot, so he had a good view at the end of the week, but most people are not given such a love for their own metabolism.
The last vacation we drove back through Burgundy and again I looked in the Michelin Guide. The Cote d'Or still existed and still had three stars. We looked at each other and had nothing somelier more to say. Not much later, we were received somelier by Mrs. Loiseau.
She has taken over the company and its commitment is widely somelier praised. A widow, one deprives a third star, never. The widow looked like a widow is like to see: chic. In her eyes I saw no record of only a second life. She was making us happy.
And we have. Eaten For me, the frog legs and pike, two dishes that were among the great classics of Loiseau. somelier And for dessert a strawberry soup with them on top of a Barbe Dad - a kind of candy, where a jug of hot raspberry sauce poured somelier empty. The bill was not that bad, this time a lot less than eight years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment