Monday, September 30, 2013

my attic instead I spend my day following the lessons of cooking school, a school that is located i


A month has already passed .. My life has totally changed. I do not live in Sicily. This is enough to express all the difficulties for those who are forced to leave their land "cursed" to try to find something .. to try to find himself, talking about work, but not only. For a month I live in a small village not too far from Turin, Piobesi Torinese, a very little village of the vast plains of Piedmont, without water, without my sea .. and yet even here the sun is shining, it's not my Sun. My home Piobesi Torinese The only thing that still drives me today to have the courage to do, go, search, find, is the passion for cooking, culinary skills love for cooking - what are now called "induction" - love for the taste, for the transformation of a simple raw material in "art" for the palate .. And this passion transform day-to-day - not without difficulty - in experience and professionalism to 'IFSE, a high school kitchen and food design, which is right in Piobesi culinary skills Turin.
IFSE Here life is marked by the bells of a church that is in front of the window of my attic, an attic very small, very minimalist, culinary skills bright but extremely poor, that I take care of as the most expensive mansion ..
my attic instead I spend my day following the lessons of cooking school, a school that is located in a castle of pink salmon, in a small park labyrinthine, very green and quiet. the park dell'ifse life in a kitchen is not the life that a blogger usually spends in the kitchen: the "real" life in the kitchen, in the kitchen of a restaurant, it is more rhythmic, more severe, more difficult than one might imagine. Lessons spend at a brisk pace, with a very short lunch break. You eat then a coffee and then return to class, and after class - but heats during lessons - everything must always be neat, clean, organized, "in the picture", as they say here. My executive chef are Sir Peter and Sir Richard Rainone Marello. Two chefs are very good, professional, but very different. Temperamentally very different. But the diversity of character is not mine at all their skill and their ability culinary skills to teach. sinista by: Chef Piero Rainone - Chef Riccardo Marello - Chef Riccardo Ferrero (Rist. The Exchange, Turin) who claims to be in the kitchen or to start this business with the presumption that it is good to know that you leave the hope of one day being a real chef out the door .. Humility and password to start this wonderful work. Thirst and hunger for knowledge, culinary skills of course, but mostly humility and the awareness that the tin is the first step, the first brick to perhaps one day become professionals .. In the kitchen there is never time to stop, it is always late, from the very first moment you enter .. since the morning, from the preparation of mise en place, it is already late .. From the appetizers, finger food, the former to the latter, the bakery, the bakery .. run run run .. All'Ifse The course is divided into three stages: The first stage is preliminary, the second is a little more training, the third is an advanced, but three months to learn are few, therefore it can not be distracted .. So on with the cuts: julienne, brunoise, chiffonade .. And then you have to perfectly fry the onion .. And stir the risotto .. And filleting fish .. and cook the meat .. And discover the abbattiore, and the vacuum .. The affumcatore and drying .. And then there's pacojet for ice cream or sorbet or "lands" .. You have to know adjust the salt, flavorings, spices .. Balance at the plate for a balance in the mouth .. And believe culinary skills me the balance in the mouth, when they are two chefs who judge severely our dishes is not so obvious nor easy to get .. And do not forget to Serve with hot plate and without "footprints"! Etc. etc. etc. .. I can not say everything in one article, but I can only write that there is little to say except that it's my life .. And then the strength to stand every day away from my homeland, culinary skills my loved ones, from my sea, I receive from the dishes that I do, the things I learn, the lessons of my chef, their passion is also my .. Due to the severity of their day-to-day I understand that's all I want to do, I want to do, and maybe one day I could be like them .. So the effort to stand for 10-12 hours, running between hot oil, hot stove, sharp knives, burned onion and risotto is not creamy enough, disappears .. when gradually the dishes change, come the appreciation, when you hear you're learning, you're growing, and even though culinary skills the road is long, far and hard, and even if you live in a small village in anything, even if you do the laundry by hand, if you come back dead from work and you just want to sleep .. you are happy because you're f

No comments:

Post a Comment